Looking for ways to socialize your puppy?
Unable to find a puppy socialization program you can trust?
Well look no further!
Recognizing a need for puppy socialization programs, we now offer this unique puppy board and socialize program. So what is puppy socialization and why is it important?
Did you know that puppies have a critical stage of development – from 3 weeks to 13 weeks old, we call it their “imprinting stage”. During this period puppies are developing social awareness, it is vital that your puppy receives valuable socialization with other puppies and friendly dogs, to help them grow and develop a well rounded social adult dog. Often times most puppy owners; unaware of this critical stage of their puppies do not start socializing their puppy until around 5 – 6 months old (if at all). Unfortunately when that critical developmental window closes, it makes socialization more challenging, and for some, virtually impossible. Socializing a puppy to new experiences up to 13 weeks is much easier than trying to do it later in life, when the puppy’s brain slows down to accepting new things.
About our Puppy board and socialize program.
- Puppies will stay in our home environment, they will receive invaluable socialization skills.
- Crate training and installing housebreaking,
- Playing and interacting, social learning from other puppies and dogs in our environment.
- We guarantee your puppy will NOT be isolated in kennels outside of our home.
What age qualifies my puppy for this program?
- Your puppy should be between 10 weeks and 20 weeks old.
- Up to date on all vaccines appropriate for your puppy’s age.
- Must have had a negative fecal 2 weeks prior to enrolling in the program.
***Some exceptions are made for older puppies on a case by case basis.
How will this benefit my puppy?
- Your puppy will receive valuable puppy interaction, with other puppies of similar age as well as learn valuable manners from older, friendly dogs living in our environment.
- Puppy play and mouthing, significantly helps to eliminate puppy biting.
- Your puppy will begin to enjoy his or her crate and use it as their relaxation space.
- We will begin to install good house breaking skills, teaching your puppy to go potty outside.
- Providing puppy structure to help your puppy relax, and grow.
Training techniques and philosophies:
- Our dog trainer (Janet Oquendo) is a Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CCPDT) as well as an Associate Certified Dog Behaviorist (IAABC).
- Using positive reinforcement dog training techniques, using 100% reward based training.
What can we expect when our puppy returns home?
- You will notice a much calmer and easier to handle puppy.
- Your puppy will have gained valuable confidence and puppy socialization, a building block for a well adjusted social puppy as they grow into adults.
Can I visit my puppy?
- You are welcome to visit your puppy during his / her stay.
- Space is limited. Our puppy board and socialize program is limited to 8 puppies at a time; So reserve your place today.
Contact us to reserve a space for your puppy TODAY!