Helping your children live safely around dogs
Most families look forward to the idea of raising their young children with a dog, the idea for most families is that the children and the dogs will grow together buillding a solid relationship. The reality is this is not always the case. Most children enjoy the idea of having a dog or puppy around, but often times dogs are not so comfortable around young children.
There are many factors to consider before making the decision to bring a dog into your home with children.
Here are somethings to consider:
- Have you considered the age of the children?
- Have you considered the age of the dog?
- Have you considered the size of the dog?
- Have your children ever been around dogs?
- Has the dog ever been around children?
- Need some help teaching kids how to appropriately interact with dogs?
- As a parent do you have time to supervise your children around the dog?
- Do you have time to supervise your dog around the children?
Choosing the right dog at the right time:
- Not every dog breed is right for children.
- Not every child is right for a dog.
- Look closely at the age of your children.
- Is a puppy or older dog right for your family?
- Does the dog need weekly grooming?
- Does any family member have allergies?
Choosing the right breed for your family:
- What type of breed are you considering?
- If you have small children, what size of dog would be an ideal?
- Do you live in an apartment or a single family home?
- How vocal is the dog you are considering? A barker?
- How much exercise does the dog need?
- Does the dog you are considering need daily grooming?
- Do you have the time to meet all your dogs needs?
Why dogs bite children; how to prevent it:
- Do you know why dogs bite?
- Do your children understand dogs likes | dislikes?
- Do your children know appropriate dog interaction?
- We will teach your kids to safely live with dogs.
Let us help you make the right dog choice for your family.
Call us today: (240) 424 5984
Or click on the box below