Dog Behavior consultation
What is a dog behavior consultation?
- Consultations are important to help us learn more about your dog or puppy’s behavior.
- A certified professional dog trainer/ behaviorist will schedule a time to meet with you in your home at a time that is convenient for you and your family to carry out an in-depth behavior assessment.
- During the session our dog trainer / behavior consultant will observe your dogs behavior; not only how your dog is interacting with you, but also how you and your family are interacting with your dog.
- Your input is important so we encourage all family members to be part of this process to ensure all needs are being met.
- The behavior consultation lasts up to 1.5hrs.
Who would benefit from a behavior consultation?
- All dog and puppy owners benefit significantly from a behavior consultation.
- We encourage ALL family members to be present at the initial behavior consultation. It’s important to encourage all members of the family to provide input as to your goals and challenges.
- We also observe how the entire family are interacting with the dog. Interactions are often the foundation to putting together an effective training plan.
What happens after the behavior consultation?
- You will receive a customized behavior training plan, detailing your dogs current behavior challenges along with training goals.
- Training options will be provided within the plan so you can decide which works best for you and your family.
- Once you decide to move forward we will work out a day and time that suits everyone’s calendar.
- The dog trainer will then come to your home for 1hr, once a week for the number of weeks chosen from the training plan.
Our dog trainers qualifications
- Certified Professional Dog Trainers – Knowledge Assessed CPDT-KA (CCPDT)
- Certified Dog Behavior Consultants (CDBC) – (IAABC)
- Member of Council for Professional Dog trainers – (CCPDT)
- Member of International Association Animal Behavior Consultants – (IAABC)
- We use 100% positive reinforcement dog training techniques only.
Schedule your dog or puppy behavior consultation today!
Call today: (240) 424.5984