Need a dog or puppy behavior consultation?
Are you having dog behavior problems?
What is a dog behavior consultation?
- Consultations are important to help us learn more about your dog or puppy’s behavior.
- A certified professional dog trainer/ behaviorist will schedule a time to meet with you in your home at a time that is convenient for you and your family to carry out an in-depth behavior assessment.
- During the session our dog trainer / behavior consultant will observe your dogs behavior; not only how your dog is interacting with you, but also how you and your family are interacting with your dog.
- A full behavior history and behavior challenges will be gathered as well as together coming up with training goals to address the behaviors you specifically wish to change.
- Your input is important so we encourage all family members to be part of this process to ensure all needs are being met.
- The behavior consultation lasts up to 1.5hrs.
Who would benefit from a behavior consultation?
- EVERYONE !
We encourage ALL family members to be present at the initial behavior consultation. It’s important to encourage all members of the family to provide input as to your goals and challenges. We also observe how the entire family are interacting with the dog. Interactions are often the foundation to putting together an effective training plan.
Most dog owners who have brought a new dog or puppy into their home require help integrating their new addition into the family. However most owners are not quite sure what help they need however one thing is for sure – they know they need help.
Our behavior consultations provide each dog or puppy owner with professional in-depth behavior assessment. We observe your dogs behavior, we hear from you the owner, allowing you the opportunity to share your experiences, challenges and goals and together we develop a customized training plan to ensure we provide you with the most effective training techniques to make dog training successful, effective and fun.
What happens after the behavior consultation?
- You will receive a customized behavior training plan, detailing your dogs current behavior challenges and our training goals.
- Different training options will be provided within the plan so you can decide which works best for you and your family.
- Once you decide to move forward we will work out a day and time that works for everyones calendar.
- The dog trainer will then come to your home 1hr – once a week for the number of weeks chosen from the training plan.
Our dog trainers qualifications
- Certified Professional Dog Trainers – Knowledge Assessed CPDT-KA (CCPDT)
- Certified Dog Behavior Consultants (ADBC) – (IAABC)
- Member of Pet Professionals Guild (PPG)
- Member of Council for Professional Dog trainers – (CCPDT)
- Member of International Association Animal Behavior Consultants – (IAABC)
- We use positive reinforcement dog training techniques only.
- We never use any pain, nor intimidation to train your dog and do not support the use of prong collars, choke collars or shock collars ever.
Schedule your dog or puppy behavior consultation today!
Call today: (240) 424.5984