Puppy Training Camp
The best positive reinforcement puppy board and train program!
Our Puppy Board and Train:
We offer this unique puppy board and train program helping to get your puppy off on the right foot. Our puppy board and train program is unlike most programs available in Maryland.
We like to think of our program as a “puppy camp”. During your puppy’s stay, your puppy will live in our home environment, with our certified professional dog trainer / behavior consultant – Janet Oquendo CCPDT-KA / CDBC.
During your puppy’s stay we will identify any early behavior problems and start to help your puppy overcome any of these behavior issues from: resource guarding, shy and fearful puppies, early aggression to ensure your puppy grows into a well socialized and well adjusted adult dog.
- We have a large area for play during inclement weather.
- Your puppy will have an acre of securely fenced grassy play area to enjoy during his / her stay.
- During relaxation time your puppy will take naps and rest time in his or her crate within our home environment.
What behaviors does our puppy board and train cover?
- Housebreaking – teaching your puppy to go potty outside.(Must be followed strictly when puppy returns home)
- Crate Training – your puppy will learn to enjoy his or her crate; settling nicely without barking/anxiety.
- Biting and Nipping – reducing / eliminating puppy biting – socializing with other puppies significantly helps with this due to puppy’s method of communication via their mouth.
- Basic commands : Sit/lay down/stay
- Leash walking – teaching your puppy to walk nicely on a leash – loose leash without pulling.
- Not running away when off leash!
What about puppy socialization?
- Playing and interacting with other puppies of similar age.
- Socializing also with other social adult dogs.
- All puppies will receive significant amount of socialization / play time.
- Your puppy will never be kenneled outside.
- Your puppy will play and socialize within our home environment.
- We use 100% positive reinforcement training techniques.
- We DO NOT support the use of shock collars, choke collars or prong collars ever!
- We are committed to the physical and emotional wellbeing of your puppy at all times.
NOTE: Our puppy training camp is NOT a BOOT CAMP! We are NOT trying to create a trained robot. We are merely providing your puppy with foundational training as a baby to ensure he/ she grasps the fundamentals. This will help your puppy as he/she develops into adolescence and adulthood.
The owner has 100% responsibility to continue what we have started through routine and repetition. Teaching the puppy how to respond to the same commends within your home environment. It can take your puppy a few days (some puppies take longer) to readjust back to being in your home environment.
Please note: puppies do not easily generalize from one location to another so to help your puppy understand showing your puppy the same behaviors need to occur in your environment is crucial.
Our trainer will follow up with you once your puppy returns home to help your puppy readjust back into your home environment. Walking owners through any challenges they may have.
What is unique about our puppy training camp?
Outside of the obvious commands such as sit/stay/lay down and leash walking. Our training goes above and beyond the basics. Its clear to my puppy owners are looking for more than basic commands. They are looking for assistance with teaching their puppy to settle, relax, not jump on people, along with developing excellent social skills which sets them up for success as they grow out of puppyhood into adolescence.
Our program is carried out within a living home environment. We do not kennel dogs in a sterile warehouse facility. Your puppy will use his or her crate for relaxation / nap time. Outside of the they will play outside in our large grassy area interacting with “life” as it occurs on a daily basis.
How to qualify for our puppy training camp.
- All puppies MUST be under 24 weeks old.
- All puppies must be free of intestinal parasites.
- Up to date on all puppy vaccinations appropriate for the age of your puppy.
- Your puppy must be healthy and not have any medical conditions which could place your puppy or others at risk.
Our trainer qualifications and training techniques:
- Our trainer is a Certified Professional dog trainer (CCPDT-KA) andCertified Dog Behavior Consultant (CDBC) – IAABC.
- Member of CCPDT – Council for professional dog trainers
- Member of IAABC – International Association Animal Behavior Consultants
How Much Does Puppy training camp cost?
We will be happy to provide you with cost details of our puppy programs and availability.