Puppy Board & Train
The best positive reinforcement puppy training program!
Our Puppy Board and Train:
We offer this unique puppy board and train program helping to get your puppy off on the right foot. Our puppy board and train program is unlike most programs available in Maryland.
We like to think of our program as a “puppy camp”. During your puppy’s stay, your puppy will live in our home environment, with our certified professional dog trainer / behavior consultant.
During your puppy’s stay we will identify any early behavior problems and start to help your puppy overcome any of these behavior issues from: resource guarding, shy and fearful puppies, early aggression to ensure your puppy grows into a well socialized and well adjusted adult dog.
- We have a large area for play during inclement weather.
- Your puppy will have an acre of securely fenced grassy play area to enjoy during his / her stay.
- During relaxation time your puppy will take naps and rest time in his or her crate within our home environment.
What behaviors does our puppy board and train cover?
- Housebreaking – teaching your puppy to go potty outside consistently.
- Crate Training – your puppy will learn to enjoy his or her crate, without barking, crying or anxiety.
- Jumping – helping puppies learn how to greet people without jumping.
- Furniture – relax without jumping on furniture.
- Biting and Nipping – reducing / eliminating puppy biting.
- Basic obedience and puppy manners including: Sit/lay down/stay / door manners.
- Leash walking – teaching your puppy to walk nicely on a leash without pulling.
- Come when called: Name recognition – respond to name.
What about puppy socialization?
- Playing and interacting with other puppies of similar age in group class.
- Socializing also with social adult dogs.
- All puppies will receive significant amount of socialization / play time.
- For puppies who love water – your puppy will have the opportunity to play in our kiddie pool during warmer weather days.
- Your puppy will never be kenneled outside.
- Your puppy will stay and train in our home environment.
- We use 100% positive reinforcement training.
- We never support the use of shock collars, choke collars or prong collars ever!
- We are committed to the physical and emotional wellbeing of your puppy at all times.
How to qualify for our dog boarding training camp program
- All puppies MUST be under 24 weeks old.
- All puppies must be free of intestinal parasites.
- Up to date on all puppy vaccinations appropriate for the age of your puppy.
- Your puppy must be healthy and not have any medical conditions which could place your puppy or others at risk.
Our trainer qualifications and training techniques:
Our trainer is a Certified Professional dog trainer (CCPDT-KA) and Associate Dog Behavior Consultant (ADBC).
Member of CCPDT – Council for professional dog trainers
Member of IAABC – International Association Animal Behavior Consultants
Member of PPG – Pet Professionals Guild.
See Janet in this video working her magic.
How Much Does Puppy board and train Cost?
We will be happy to provide you with cost details of our puppy programs and availability.