Puppy Board and Train
Positive Reinforcement Puppy Foundation Training – Essential for Every Puppy Owner!
Let your puppy Board, Train and have Fun!
What is Puppy board and train?
Puppy board and train, also known as “puppy boot camp,” is a program specifically designed to jumpstart puppy training and establish basic foundational skills for puppies aged 10 weeks to 6 months. With our puppy board and train programs, owners gain a solid understanding of puppy basics, making it easier to continue training at home once the puppy returns.
- We have a large area for play during inclement weather.
- Your puppy will have an acre of securely fenced grassy play area to enjoy during his / her stay.
- During relaxation time your puppy will take naps and rest time in his or her crate within our home environment.
Puppy board and train covers:
Leash walking – teaching your puppy to walk nicely on a leash.
What about puppy socialization?
- During our program, we cover various aspects, including:
- Playing and interacting with other puppies of similar age.
- Socializing with well-behaved adult dogs.
- Providing a significant amount of socialization and playtime for all puppies.
- Ensuring your puppy plays and socializes within our home environment.
- Utilizing 100% positive reinforcement training techniques.
- Strictly refraining from the use of shock collars, choke collars, or prong collars.
- Remaining dedicated to the physical and emotional wellbeing of your puppy at all times.
What is unique about our puppy board and train?
Apart from the obvious commands such as sit, stay, lay down, and leash walking, our training program goes above and beyond the basics. We understand that many puppy owners seek more comprehensive training solutions.
Most puppy owners are looking for assistance in teaching their puppies to settle, relax, refrain from jumping on people, exhibit impulse control, reduce excitability, and develop excellent social skills. These skills are vital for their success as they transition from puppyhood to adolescence.
We prioritize creating a comfortable and nurturing environment for your puppy. Unlike sterile warehouse facilities, we do not kennel dogs. Your puppy will utilize their crate for relaxation and nap time, and all training sessions will take place within the trainer’s home environment.
Additionally, your puppy will have ample time to play outside in our spacious grassy area, where they can interact with various stimuli that occur in everyday life. This exposure helps them become well-rounded and adaptable companions.
Results vary from one pup to another with many factors to consider:
- The personality of your puppy. i.e if your puppy is shy / fearful it is likely results will be slower and owners are urged to continue with the basic training installed during your puppy’s stay at puppy camp ie. slow and often wins the race.
- How frequently the owner practices the homework/ training exercises with their pup. Consistency, patience and repetition is the key to successful puppy training.
- Setting your puppy up for success! ie.training for your puppy should occur during periods when your puppy is receptive and less distracted. As your puppy matures he/she is more likely to increase his or her level of focus. Therefore keep your puppy training sessions short and fun!
Set realistic expectations!
Your puppy is still a puppy exhibiting normal puppy behavior. The goal for training is to start the process of installing basic routine, learning some foundations of commands to help the owner continue successfully having been provided with the “head start”!
How long is puppy board and train?
A minimum of: 7 days, however 10 days, 14 days and 21 days are available depending on puppy training goals.
We will carry out an initial 1hr puppy “intake” consultation at our location here in Silver Spring to determine the best camp duration for your puppy.
How to qualify for our puppy training camp?
- You will be required to carry out an initial puppy “intake” consultation session at our location in Silver Spring MD.
- All puppies MUST be under 24 weeks old. Older puppies are accepted on a case by case basis.
- Your puppy must be healthy and not have any medical conditions which could place your puppy or others at risk.
Our trainer qualifications and training techniques:
- Janet Oquendo is a Certified Professional Dog Trainer (CCPDT-KA) and Certified Dog Behavior Consultant (CDBC)
- Member of CCPDT – Council for professional dog trainers
- Member of IAABC – International Association Animal Behavior Consultants
How much does it cost?
Click HERE For more details of our “Puppy board and train”
How long is the board and train program?
The duration of our board and train program can vary depending on the individual dog’s needs and the desired level of training. Common durations range from two weeks to several months.
What training methods do you use?
We use positive reinforcement-based training methods, which focus on rewarding desired behaviors to encourage learning and cooperation. Our methods are gentle, effective, and designed to build a strong bond of trust between you and your dog.
What behaviors can be addressed in the program?
Our board and train program can address a wide range of behaviors, including basic obedience commands (sit, stay, come, etc.), leash manners, house training, socialization, and behavior issues like jumping, excessive barking, and more.
Will I be involved in the training process?
Yes, absolutely! While your dog stays with us, we will work closely with them, but we also emphasize owner involvement. After the program, we provide you with training sessions and guidance to ensure a smooth transition and continued success at home.
How do I know if my dog needs a board and train program?
If your dog is displaying behavioral issues or struggling to respond to basic training at home, a board and train program can be an excellent option. Additionally, if you lack the time or experience to address specific training needs, this program can help your dog make significant progress.
How do I enroll my dog in the board and train program?
To enroll your dog, simply contact us to schedule a consultation. During this meeting, we will assess your dog’s needs, discuss your training goals, and provide you with all the necessary information to get started.