Dog training programs Maryland
About our dog training programs:
Our Dog training programs are providing to all breeds of dogs, of all ages, exhibiting undesirable behaviors. We recognize that once dogs reach their adult developmental stage, their behavior changes. Not all dogs behave and develop the same. We recognize it is important to look at each dog as an individual and not to expect all dogs to respond to “cookie style” of training. We provide dog training programs to meet all needs.
Our customized training programs are developed to match you and your dogs personality, ability and learning style. As each family member has different goals for their dog this makes our training programs unique.
We consult individually with each family member on behaviors you would like to address to ensure you feel confident you have the right training tools to be successful during our dog training programs.
What dog training techniques do we use?
We use 100% positive reinforcement dog training methods, and are committed to never use pain to train your dog.
We do not support the use of shock collars, choke collars, or prong collars ever. We only use flat collars, front clipping harnesses or head collars depending upon the needs of each dog, and what you are most comfortable wit
We will teach you how to recognize what motivates your dog and use that motivator as a training tool and primary reinforcer. You will also learn how to read your dogs body language, communicate effectively and that is what sets us apart from most other dog training programs.
How we can help you!
Are you looking for effective techniques to train your dog using positive reinforcement?
Is your dog out of control? jumping, biting, excitable, pushy, demanding?
Have you seen signs of aggression around toys, food, resources?
Challenges leashing walking your dog? Does he or she pull when walking on a leash?
Do you experience difficulty controlling your dog when leash walking?
Does your dog bark, whine, or howl when in his or her crate?
What about lack of basic manners?
We can help with all the above and more! Let us help your dog become the best dog he or she can be!
About our dog trainer and process
- Our dog trainer is CPDT-KA (Certified professional dog trainer and Certified Dog Behavior Consultant – CDBC – IAABC
- We will start out by scheduling a dog behavior assessment
- The dog behavior assessment will be carried out in the privacy of your home.
- This assessment lasts up to 1.5hrs.
- Follow the dog behavior assessment, you will receive a customized training plan.
- Once you approve the training plan, we will then set up a day and time that works for your schedule to get started.
- Our dog trainer will come to your home – 1hr once a week for the number of weeks you choose fro the training plan.
- We will work in the environment where you need your dog to listen to you most – i.e. In your home; at the pet store; at the park – you decide!
Our programs are perfect for:
Any dog owner with a busy schedule.
Owners wanting a well mannered dog who need one on one specific training.
Families who prefer to have private in home dog training.
Dog owners who prefer not to attend group classes.
Dogs with individual behavior challenges that can only be addressed in private one on one sessions such as : Shy or fearful dogs | Dogs with anxiety | Leash reactivity | Aggression | Behaviors that occur only in your home environment.
Adult Dog behaviors we address:
- Door manners
- Come when called / recall
- Leash walking
- Crate Training
- Impulse Control
- Destructive behavior
- Aggressive dog behavior
- Not chasing cars/skateboards/joggers
Don’t do this alone, our certified professional dog training experts are here to help you with all your dog training needs.
Call today: (240) 424.5984
Go Back to Our Programs